Covid-19 Safety Plan
Please note that I share an office with Krystal Kosiancic, RMT. We share a safety plan in order to best maintain safety in our workspace for you and for us.
As per our regulatory bodies and our compliance with Worksafe BC,
Krystal Kosiancic, RMT (CMTBC) and Brittanya Beddington (NHPC) have
implemented a safety plan with essential mandatory sanitation, and extra
safety procedures to reduce the risks of, and exposure to, Covid-19.
Maintaining your health and wellness, while still keeping you and us safe, is
our top priority.
Please bear in mind that it is IMPOSSIBLE to maintain physical distancing
during massage therapy, and thus carries the risk of disease transmission.
Please consider carefully if you are comfortable with this risk.
Pre-Screening – Prior to Arrival
- Treatment provider will use COVID-19 self-screening tool daily and will
cancel appointments in the event that the provider is positive for any
- Clients will be screened at time of booking and 24 hours prior to
treatment for symptoms of COVID-19 as well as travel activity within the
last 14 days outside of BC or Canada. Each client will be required to
sign a waiver stating they are free of risk factors for transmission at the
time of treatment.
- Clients are required to cancel appointments if they develop symptoms of
any illness. Minimum cancellation policies have currently been
- Clients at greater risk should consider postponing treatment, take
additional precautions, or discuss alternative care options.
- Clients are asked to arrive alone and a maximum of 5 minutes prior to
treatment time. Treatment provider will meet you at the main door to the
office and will have hand sanitizer available.
- Upon entry to the office space, clients and treatment providers must
maintain at least 2 meters or 2 arm lengths between themselves and
- Physical distancing is not possible in the treatment room; risk is reduced
but not eliminated by enhanced screening and hygiene protocols.
- Time between treatments will be increased to allow for thorough
disinfecting as well as minimizing overlap of clients. This will result in
less appointments being available.
- Client must arrive unaccompanied unless they are a minor or person
who requires assistance.
- Payment will be via e-transfer or debit/credit tap.
- Treatment provider will increase cleaning and disinfection activities
including regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces between every client
(eg. door handles, faucets, chairs, therapy table, payment hardware,
- A hand sanitation station will be available in the reception area for each
patient to use upon arrival and departure. Soap, water and clean towels
are available in the washroom along with hand washing protocol
- Treatment provider will increase hand washing in line with
recommended protocols, including before and after treatment, before
and after donning/removing masks/PPE, etc.
- All linens including blankets/masks/aprons/towels will be single use
only, then laundered in hot soapy water.
- Treatment provider will frequently clean and disinfect common areas
and high touch surfaces including light switches, window coverings, cell
phones, chairs, stools, surfaces, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Treatment provider will wear a cloth mask during treatment to reduce
the spread of respiratory particles.
- Clients are required to wear a mask during portions of the treatment
where risk of transmission is highest (when face up), as long as there
are no health concerns preventing them from doing so. Masks can be cloth or disposable, provided by the client. Both cloth and disposable masks will be provided by the treatment provider for client use as well.
If you have absolutely ANY questions or concerns please contact me directly to discuss them before booking your appointment.